Welcome!

Hello my fellow beauty friends!
Welcome to my blog page xPinkMacX! I love makeup, I can't always afford the most expensive products out there, however I have some amazing finds that I'd love to recommend to you! Join me on this exciting makeup journey!
Lots of Love, XPinkMacX

Blog Archive

01 June 2013

Mac 'Girl About Town' review & DUPE!

Yes I finally caved in and bought it! Girl About Town is one of the must have staple lipsticks for MAC's huge collection! The lipstick isn't the cheapest though as they are £14 each.

I was so excited on getting this lipstick as I've heard so much about it from so many other bloggers, and when I was in MAC the other day, I just couldn't resist!

The lipstick is a bright fuchsia pink, with some blue undertones to it. I find this colour so easy to wear, even just on a day to day basis. The colour looks scary in the tube but it really isn't when you apply it. The colour lasts for hours! It has a creamy consistency when it's first applied, but then tried to a stain kind of form. It's an Amplified form lipstick to you need very little to give an amazing look!

DUPE!

When reorganising my makeup table the other day I found my much loved MUA lipstick in Shade 3. Opening it the colour looked pretty familiar, so I opened up MACs Girl About Town next to it and the colours looked similar but not identical.



I then swatched them both next to one another, and they are pretty similar! Close enough to be a dupe anyway! I'm really expressed at the pigmentation of the MUA lipsticks, they either get it so so right, or so very wrong! The MUA lipstick has an almost satin/amplified Finnish to it.



To conclude all of this, I don't regret getting Girl About Town at all as its such an amazing lipstick, however if your not able to pay the pricey £14 for this lipstick and still want a great colour,I highly recommend the steal MUA lipstick which is just £1!   

2 comments:

  1. i live in canada so no MUA here but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUA is available online, so I presume you can get it delivered to Canada too! Check out www.superdrug.com or www.muastore.co.uk they both stock it! Don't forget to follow me on twitter! @xPinkMacX xx

    ReplyDelete