Welcome!

Hello my fellow beauty friends!
Welcome to my blog page xPinkMacX! I love makeup, I can't always afford the most expensive products out there, however I have some amazing finds that I'd love to recommend to you! Join me on this exciting makeup journey!
Lots of Love, XPinkMacX

Blog Archive

04 June 2013

My Top Ten Summer Polishes of 2013

I found this so difficult to choose just 10 polishes that I adored for summer, however I managed it and here they all are! Some of the following colours are not 'Typical Summer Shades' however In the summer i want my nails to stand out and either be bright or sparkle, and all of the following polishes do it for me!

10- Sinful Colors - Courtney Orange
This polish is a bright orange colour with a hint of glitter. The consistency is quite watery, and you need two coats to get it to be a bright solid colour, however I really do love this polish! It is also going to look great with a tan! The polish with a top coat lasts about 2-3 without any sign of chipping, which isn't the best but I paint my nails so regularly anyway that id usually only keep it on this amount of time anyway!
£1.99

9- Barry M - Silvery Lilac
The name of this polish describes it really well! This polish has a duo-chrome effect and has so much sparkle to it its amazing! The formulation is fine, It glides on smoothly like all Barry M polishes however you do need at least 2 coats to get the best results possible from this polish. As so many people have stated now, its pretty similar to Butter London's Knackered however I find silvery Lilac to be a bit lighter. This is a gorgeous colour however and when the sun is shining (Something that doesn't happen a lot here in England!) the glittery-ness of the polish  really sparkles!
£2.99

8- Sinful Colors - Thimbleberry
Isn't the name of this so adorable!? Thimbleberry is a bright pink which has a slight coral tint to it. Its not a typical 'Barbie Pink' shade and when you look at it it screams out to be worn with some gorgeous flip flops at the beach! Once again, one coat won't cover the nail with a solid shade however i think two coats may do it for this polish! I think this is a must have polish for anyone who loves bright nail polishes!
£1.99

7- Maybelline New York - Urban Turquoise 
Turquoise can really work in summer as long as you use the right shade. Bright colours are a must and this polish certainly ticks the boxes! This bright bluey/green colour has a very thick consistency and you only really need one coat! Its a great colour to just quickly apply before you go out and it dries pretty quick too! I really love this colour and it looks even better adding some nail art or summer sparkle over the top too!
£2.99

6- Revlon Moon Candy - 200 Moon Dust
Black isn't a typical summer colour either but by adding the holographic glitter over the top this paint looks amazing when the summer sun shines on it! The light is reflected and you can make out several different colours that appear from the glitter! Ive already done a review on this polish so for more information go and check it out!
£7.99

5- Sinful Colours - Daredevil 
This hot fuchsia shade has a hint of shimmer to it and really is a summer party colour! I cant rave enough about the new sinful colours range that has come to Boots! Their mega affordable and have an amazing colour selection! For this colour two coats will be enough to make it truly opaque and as with all the sinful colours polishes it glides on smoothly.
£1.99

4- Collection 2000 - Lemon Soda
Just the name of this polish screams out Summer! I'm in love with this polish! For me, I find it hard to select a yellow colour which isn't too 'In your face' and will suit my pale skin complexion. This polish is a yellow but it is quite a creamy colour. I don't really know how to describe it other than a creamy mustardy yellow! Its a fast drying polish which is great, but isn't the shiniest so it deffinently needs a top coat. You usually need to apply two coats of this polish so that you can achieve a gorgeous result. 
£1.99

3- MoYou Nail Art Special Nail Polish - Lilac
This is a lavender purple coloured polish, it doesn't have the highest shine of finnishes but looks great with a top coat. This polish is quite hard to find. You can't buy it in regular drugstores such as Boots or Superdrug, to get this polish you have to buy direct from MoYou themselves. I recieved this polish in part of the MoYou OMG nails stamping kit (Which for anyone who loves decorating their nails is a must! Mine cost £60 from the Ideal Home Show and Theirs nothing i regret about it!) The polish has great coverage and you only need one coat! I highly recommend these polishes!
£4

2- Sinful Colors - Pink Forever 
Yet another SC polish ! I love them! you can't go wrong. This beautiful pale pink is amazing for summer and is a typical barbie pink colour! It haas quite a high shine finnish and last a long time! I can wear this for about 5 days without a single chip appearing! This colour is a must for any 'Girly-girls' like me! 
£1.99

1- Barry M High Shine Gelly - Satsuma
This colour is a highly glossy, thick polish, with two coats gives you the 'Salon Gel' effect. I love the formulation of these polishes! They last for ages without chipping and look amazing on! This is a bright orange colour which reminds me of somewhere tropical! Don't ask me why! This is my number one polish for the summer and I recommend it to EVERYONE! 
£3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment