Welcome!

Hello my fellow beauty friends!
Welcome to my blog page xPinkMacX! I love makeup, I can't always afford the most expensive products out there, however I have some amazing finds that I'd love to recommend to you! Join me on this exciting makeup journey!
Lots of Love, XPinkMacX

Blog Archive

06 June 2013

The £20 makeup Challenge!

I've been inspired to follow the trend and see what £20 would get me in terms of a full face of makeup.
All of the products were bout with my own money, and can be purchased in the UK. None of the items were on sale or in a limited time deal. 

FOUNDATION
I used the Miss Sporty So Matte Perfect Stay foundation in 002 Light. I prefer a fuller coverage foundation, and this foundation gave me a light-medium coverage, which for £3.99 you can't argue with. The foundation did give me a slightly orangey tint to my skin, but once blended in it wasn't too bad. I used the MAC 190 and 187 brush for this foundation (I didn't included brushes in the total price.)

CONCEALER 
I then used the MUA cover and conceal concealer. It has a wand with a slanted doe foot applicator which I like because its more accurate that in solid form such as cremes. I got this in the shade Fair and it was just £1. The coverage is okay however doesn't give you an amazing complexion. 

POWDER
I then applied the Natural Collection loose powder in translucent to set the foundation, I used the MAC 134 brush for this and the powder only cost £1.99 from Boots.

EYE SHADOW
I splurged out on the £4 eye shadow palette by MUA called Undress Me Too. It is a dupe for the Naked 2 palette and I love it! I used the shade 'Naked which is the first pan, all over the lid and then Tranquil (the pan underneath) on the crease. 

LINER
I lined my top eye lid with the MUA eye liner in malt chocolate. I really love the MUA eye liners and they are just £1 they are also very very easy to apply!

MASCARA
I used the Miss Sporty 24hr Pump up Booster waterproof mascara which cost just £2.99. This mascara was slightly clumpy however for the price it's a really great mascara and doesn't budge all day! 

BLUSH
The MUA blushers are great! After loving the first one I bought, I repurchased, however bought a different shade. For this look I used shade 6 which is extremely pigmented and is a dusky rose colour. This blush cost just £1!

LIPSTICK
I used the Collection 2000 lipstick (or collection as they are now called) in shade 6 which is called bubblegum. This is a perfect name for the product as the colour really is a bubblegum pink! This lipstick cost £2.99 from Superdrug from the lasting colour range.

Lipgloss 
The lipgloss I purchased I found In the 99p shop! It's the miss sporty xxl lipgloss in shade Pop Fiction. It was part of a duo but it was 99p for the two. I know these used to retail in boots and superdrug for between £1.99 and £2.99 each however they were discontinued and I believe this may be why the 99p store got all of the stock.

This is it for my under £20 tag, and it all came in at the grand Total of....£19.95! 5p under budget! 


No comments:

Post a Comment