Welcome!

Hello my fellow beauty friends!
Welcome to my blog page xPinkMacX! I love makeup, I can't always afford the most expensive products out there, however I have some amazing finds that I'd love to recommend to you! Join me on this exciting makeup journey!
Lots of Love, XPinkMacX

Blog Archive

16 June 2013

MUA Lipstick Collection

This may not be very exciting for some people, however I myself enjoy these type of cheery reviews so I shall continue =D

I have collected  7 Mua lipsticks over the last couple of months, and I'm here to share them with you...the world!



L-R; Shade Number, 3, 4, 7, 8, 12, 14 & 15


These lipsticks are great value for money, at just a pound each, you can find them at Superdrug,online on the Superdrug website or at muastore.co.uk. Their is a fairly good amount of shades to choose from. Overall each lipstick has quite different formula's. Their are some mattes and some shimmer toned lip sticks, and ill review them each individually just for you! 

Shade 3
This is a lipstick I've spoken of before as it is the dupe for MACS very popular lipstick 'Girl about town'! The consistency of the lipstick is almost like an amplified formula, however it isn't very moisturising and definitely needs a layer of Chapstick underneath! It is a deep pink toned shade with blue undertones and has a matte finnish. It lasts for about 3 hours without reapplying. 

Shade 4
This shade is very sheer and doesn't give your lips anything other than a tint of colour really. This is a bright pink shade and looking at the colour you expect it to come out like a bright bubblegum pink, but no... Far from it. The formula is like one of a MAC frost, and just gives your lips a slight tint of pink. Unlike shade 3, this lipstick is quite moisturising and their is no need for any sort of moisturising before hand. It needs to be re applied regularly.

Shade 7
Ooh this was one of my first Mua purchases! I've only just re discovered it really. I'd describe the colour as between a berry red and a light pink! Odd... Yes, but that's the only way I can think of it! If you mixed the two together! It has a slight shimmer to it and is quite pigmented. This will stay put for several hours.

Shade 8
My more recent purchase! I love this lipstick ALOT! It gives quite a vampey look when worn, as its quite a deep red, colour. This is very very pigmented and a little goes along way! Once applied it will stay for ages, however it does bleed slightly so I do advise you try and get a lip liner that matches... This lipstick has blue undertones to it and a slight shimmer.

Shade 12
Now I'm to sure why but the casing on this lipstick is slightly different to all of the others as its slightly smaller and a different shape, anyhow tis is a staple lipstick I think everyone should own! It's Pink and its glittery, enough said! It doesn't have a matte finnish because of its slight shimmer, and it doesn't seem to stay on as long as the others, however a great lipstick and you can't beat iron price!

Shade 14
This I only bought yesterday however I'm addicted to it already! I love bright lipsticks but everyone needs a good nude lipstick in their life... Don't they?! This is the prefect nude lipstick for me! It's matte, it doesn't give you 'concealer lips' and it lasts for hours! I had been looking for this lipstick for a few weeks and every Superdrug I had gone too it was sold out, however I stumbled across it last night! 

Shade 15
This is pretty much everything I wanted shade 4 to be! This is a pigmented bubblegum pink lipstick which is matte so it has no shimmer to it! I'd say it has more of a orangey undertone to it rather than a coral tone. I love this lipstick!

Overall Id give the Mua lipstick range a 8 out of 10. Not only for value for money but I love the colours! I'm pretty sure ill end up with the whole range!


No comments:

Post a Comment